Choices

Thursday, March 7, 2013

My New Life

Oh boy where to start. Had you asked me five years ago what my life would look like today I would have never guessed this. Don't get me wrong I love my life and wouldn't change it for the world I am just surprised  at all the wonderful things that have come to pass.

My Husband


* Always opens doors for me.
* Rubs my feet every night.
* So very handsome.
* Great work ethic and always strives to do better.
* Tells me everyday how beautiful I am even when he knows I won't believe him.
* Isn't afraid to cry during the sad part of the movie.
* Looks up to his little brother and never backs down from a foot race with him.
* Will try anything once.
* Sports fanatic that thinks one day he will turn me into one.
* So romantic and sweet he makes cupid look mean.
* Will turn off the T.V. to play a board game or cook with me.
* Gets up in the middle of the night if I hear a noise even when he is in a deep sleep.
* Dances with me randomly with no music then stops to kiss me after he says "this is my favorite part".
* My parents approve of him, my siblings have fun with him and the nieces and nephews think he is the best uncle in the world.
* Holds my hand while we sleep.

 Work


* A new challenge everyday.
* Designing and executing special events.
* Marketing data analysis.
* Social media strategy execution and analysis.
* Guest facing company newsletter design and execution.
* Budget tracking, reconciliation and assessment.
* Developing relationships internally and externally.
* Sports marketing support.
* Living our mission "Serve With Love" everyday.

Home


* Currently living in an apartment too big for the two of us.
* Love the too big apartment because there is always room for loved ones.
* Addicted to Pintrest for decorating our space.
* There are penguins everywhere (because my husband says they are always dress nice and mate for life).
* Our spare room is decorated for two things play room for the nieces and nephews and man cave for the hubby (wait that's why it works so well it's interchangeable).
* Have a housekeeper that comes in every two weeks to deep clean (and she even leaves chocolates on the pillows).
* We have gone through the crazy pre-approval process and made it (found out it isn't as easy to qualify as one thinks espcially since they have requirements like two years of stable job history).
* Started looking for the perfect starter home for us and that is a job in and of its self (the best one so far is the one in the photo).
* We hope to find the right house before the end of the year (we are not in a rush so it makes it easier).

Family


* Large family full of many personalities.
* Twelve nieces and nephews.
* Brothers and sister galore.
* Parents that are always there when you need them.
* Grandparents that you are thankful you get to spend time with.
* Aunts and Uncles that make the world go round.
* Creating the relationships you want to have and maintaining boundaries for those trying ones.

Friends
* Good quality friends.
* Friends across the nation from Hawaii to Florida, California to Alaska and many more.
* People who will support you through the hard times and party with you during the good.
* People who do not judge, give ultimatums or abandon.
* Take vacations together.
* Have game nights.
* Go to sporting events together.
* Most importantly they grow with you.

School


* Jay and I returned to school.
* Jay made honor roll during his first semester at college.
* Attending every semester (including summer & winter).
* Enjoying how close we are getting to have a degree.
* Study time usually involves a bag of popcorn and a Blazer game.
* We have a well established work history so our degrees will be icing on the cake.
* Ability to pay for school without student loans.

Things to Look Forward to in 2013


* We are trying for a baby and will let everyone know as soon as it happens.
* House warming party for our first purchased home.
* At least two really big vacations with lots of pictures.
* Our two year wedding anniversary and three year together anniversary.

The Hard Parts


* Thinking of the pregnancies I have lost.
* The challenges that bad decisions bring.
* The non-existent relationships with family members who should be close to you.
* Worrying about being the best wife you can be.
* Taking accountability for your actions instead of running away.
* Living on a budget.
* Being a shoulder to lean on for your husband when people treat him poorly.
* Loosing family members too soon and wishing you had just one more chance to tell them how amazing they were.
* Wanting to help friends and family with all their problems but learning when to say no.
* Taking compliments.
* Taking care of you husband when he is sick (they really are big babies).
* Spending time with the older generations and getting as many memories as you can because you don't know how much longer you will have.
* Teaching through actions that playing favorites is wrong because you don't want anyone else to have to experience the pain that you see it causes.
* Getting up and going to work when you just want five more minutes of sleep.

I have to say looking at this life is pretty good. I have a good balance between awesome, regular and bad. I can't wait to see what my life will look like five years from now. No matter what I think it might be like I am sure it will surprise me. Oh and just in case anyone hasn't figured it out by now I love my husband more than anything else, I am proud of the man he is and I am very lucky to have found that person who completes me.







No comments:

Post a Comment