Choices

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Florida Vacation: Day Three

There was no sleeping in on this day. We had a plan. Make it to Hollywood Studios when it opened so Jay could ride the Tower of Terror without a four hour wait. I have to say the dedication paid off. Jay waited less than 15 minutes and was on the ride.


He got the picture they take of you on that first drop and I couldn't wait to see the look of fear on his face but no such luck. While everyone else looked like they were going to poop their pants Jay looked like he was relaxing on the couch at home.

 
Since our morning was going so very well we decided to see if our luck of short waits would last at the Rockin Rollercoaster ride. We decided to help our chances by going in the single line instead of waiting in the regular one. It proved to be a great idea and we wound up on the same train me just one car ahead of Jay. I have to tell you I hadn't been on a roller coaster in years and as soon as the ride was over I heard myself saying "let's do it again". I guess you never grow out of some things.
 

 


We now felt very complete with this park and decided to keep testing our luck at Animal Kingdom. That was the best idea ever. It is such a great park. As soon as we walked in it was like being at a zoo with an unlimited budget and I wanted to see it all. So we spent the first little while looking around and deciding what all we wanted to do.


 










It didn't take long for us to figure out the three things we had to do. First up was Rafiki's Island which was a place all about conservation. To add to its uniqueness the only way in or out was by train which lead you past all of the animal enclosures and some fun little facts about the sustainability of the park.














 
Next up on the schedule was a safari through their Africa area. I always wanted to go on a real safari but was too afraid to be eaten by an animal so this was a nice compromise. It was actually really cool because the animals run pretty free but the barriers that they have to keep the guests safe are so well disguised that you would never know they were there.
 



















Our final big thing of the park was the Everest ride so we explored the Asia area on the way. Walking though there reinforced my desire to go to India. I will get there one day and have about 30 places on my list of must sees while there so I will need at least 3 weeks there. Anyway, it was a great walk over to Everest and the ride was the best one (it didn't hurt that Jay and I got to hold hands riding this one).





 
 
We decided to finish the rest of the park on our way out and super happy we did. What we ran into next made me and Jay think about our nephew Shaun. Yes that's right, Dino-Rama! It was an interesting area that seemed like a mix of Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, a carnival and a natural history museum.







I have to see if  you ever have the chance to go to Disney World don't miss Animal Kingdom it was well worth it.


After the park we were all tired and hungry which was perfect because I had reservations for us at Hemingway's. This restaurant is fantastic. The service, food and ambiance is just amazing. One thing I really miss about living in L.A. is the availability of five star dining. It was a welcome treat to experience it again.



 
After dinner we dropped Nina off at the hotel and decided to rush to make it to Epcot before they closed for the night. Then we were going to end the night back at Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately we were not able to get to Epcot in time so we will have to go back one day to experience it. With that off our list we went to Magic Kingdom and we made it just in time. As soon as we walked into the park we grabbed a perfect spot to watch the magical light parade.





















After the parade we hurried to get a good spot for the firework show. I remembered the nice area I had lunch the day before and I am so glad I did. We had a great view of the castle, a place to sit and since most of the area was blocked off for reserved guests we didn't have a crowd.




























We ventured through Tomorrow Land for a while and since most people left the park after the firework show we saw there was no lines for any of the open rides. We saw the Stich (from Lilo and Stich) ride open and decided to try it out. Turned out it was a 4D geared toward younger kids but it was still really fun. Our next stop was the new Fantasy Land. I as most girls I know loved the Disney princess stories growing up (secretly I also had my favorite villains). This area of the park is still being developed so there is not a lot there right now but it was still worth it. We went to Belle's village and had chocolate croissants and hot cocoa.





We stopped at Ariel's grotto next and decided to do the ride which was a two person shell on a conveyor belt that toured through the scenes of the movie. The best part was the ride broke down about halfway through while we were in a dark tunnel but could hear the "Kiss the Girl" song. It reminded me of those cartoons where two people would get stuck in the tunnel of love ride. That was about all the area had so we moved on to the adventure area so we could go on Big Thunder Mountain. It was a lot like the one at Disneyland but it never gets old. After grabbing some much needed popcorn for the walk we jumped on Pirates of the Caribbean. It has been my favorite ride since my first visit to Disneyland as a little girl and when they came out with the movies it just made it that much better. When the ride was over my husband being the awesome guy he is let me venture around the gift shop and drool all over Johnny Depp and pirate stuff.

 
It was close to closing time so we made our way to Main Street so we could finish up all our present shopping. We found our way into the crystal store and saw an item that took my breath away. A crystal replica of the castle for $37,000 dollars (no I am not kidding).
 
 
Finally it was time to say goodbye. I was very sad to leave as it had been such a great time but I was ready to get back to the hotel so we could wake up early to head to beautiful Key West.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment