Choices

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bucket List of 2013

I have a big bucket list that spans all the major things I want to do over the course of my life. Recently someone in my family told me she was building her short term bucket list so that each year she accomplishes what is important to her. This is a brilliant idea and I am borrowing it from her. So here is my bucket list for 2013.

1. Lose 30 to 40 pounds. Since our pregnancy losses last year I have been eating my sorrow and I am tired of it. Also, it doesn't support me providing a healthy body for getting pregnant.

2. Quit smoking. Last year I quit for 3 weeks and then let myself use the excuse that there was too much stress. Not this time. I am tired of smelling bad, getting sore throats, chancing health issues, not being able to breath when I exercise and spending too much money.

3. Create a positive healthy body and environment for pregnancy. I need to stay positive, accept support, be healthy and surround us with the best relationships.

4. Buy a house/keep looking for the perfect house. I will not commit to buying a house by the end of the year because I don't want to just settle on something to meet a timeline. I will commit to continuing to look for that perfect place that I can call home with my family.

5. Continue to move forward at work by generating learning and supporting or leading projects that make a positive impact on our company and communities.

6. Complete a 5k. I hate running. Running hates me. However, I can walk or jog.

7. Do something special for each of my nieces and nephews. It is important to me to create lifetime memories for them. Children are special and deserve to be shown as often as possible that you love them.

8. Top Big Seth's birthday party from last year. He is one of the most special kids I know.

9. Complete a total of 5 classes this year. This seems hard with work, family, friends, vacations and life events but whenever I think about giving up all I will need to do is remember there are people out there who do what I do and are full time parents on top of all of that. If they can do it so can I.

10. Make Jay's birthday a special once in a lifetime event.

11. See a concert.

12. See a professional baseball game. I have been to a few but none with Jay and I want to experience everything with him once.

13. See a professional football game. Jay has never been to one and I really want him to see how much fun they are.

14. Take a trip on the train.

15. Book our cruise for 2014.

16. Take a dance class. I have no rhythm and have proved this many times. I want to see if this will ever change.

17. Start doing martial arts again.

18. Complete photo books from the past three years and stay up to date as we do things this year.

19. Visit Timberline lodge. Four years here and still have never seen it.

20. Go on an all day beach trip with my mom.

21. Visit the Portland Japanese garden.

22. Start my full back tattoo (if I am able to finish drawing it).

23. Watch a sunset on the beach with Jay.

24. Get Nina a stereo and teach her to use it.

Check back once a month for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment