Choices

Monday, November 12, 2012

My Birthday 2012

Every year for some reason on my birthday I get compelled to sing...it's my party I can cry if I want to, cry if I want to, you would cry too if it happened to you! It might have something to do with my mom giving me her old record player when I was a kid and that was one of the records I had. This year I didn't do any crying but I so could have because it's my party lol. I had such a wonderful birthday though. It started on Sunday the 11th with my amazing husband surprising me with birthday brunch with Nina, Veronica and Seth. It was great cause Seth had spent the night Saturday to watch football with Jay so it was easy for them to trick me Sunday morning. When Nina and Veronica got there we had a great time eating, laughing and just having fun. After breakfast they gave me my birthday presents. Before opening them I let them know the best present was just having them as my family and spending time with them. I opened my cards first and the awesome part was the cards expressed the same thing I had just said. After that I opened my boxes and guess what?! This is what I got.

Yes real pictures from now on! After breakfast we went to my sisters cause the boys wanted to give me something. Then I got homemade birthday cards from all six of my nieces and nephews oh and my sister! I loved Karsten's drawing of a dog which I am not allowed to make fun of because it bites (warning on the card lol). Sunday night I had a dinner of wings and watching sports with my handsome husband. I woke up this morning (vacation day from work) and got to have Starbucks yum! Then Jay and I went hiking and jogging (see the pictures from my spiffy new camera)!







Okay now here is the part of my birthday I love the most. Looking at the people in my life, thinking about what they mean to me and what quality of theirs I want the most.

Mom - First thank you for having me. I love your work ethic.
Dad - Thank you for having me. I love your desire to see the world.
Jerry (AKA Dad) - Thank you for being awesome. I love how you speak your mind.
Amie - Thank you for being my sister. I love your get up and go.
Joe - Thank you for being my brother. I love your artistic ability.
Henry - Thank you for being my brother. I love your musical ability.
Ashley - Thank you for being my sister. I love your creativity.
Jewel, Brandon, Cameron, Shaun, Seth, Carter, Karsten, Sophia, Lydia, Adelyn, Max and Taylor - Thank you for being my nieces and nephews. I love so much about each of you it would take a year to write.
Hannah - Thank you for being my best friend. I love your loyalty.
Nina - Thank you for being my grandmother. I love your strength.
Chris - Thank you for being my mother. I love your cooking skills.
Veronica - Thank you for being my aunt. I love your compassion.
Andy - Thank you for being my uncle. I love your mind.
Seth - Thank you for being my cousin. I love your sense of humor.
Tony - Thank you for being my dad. I love your sense of adventure.
Jody - Thank you for being my mother. I love your free spirit.
Kyle - Thank you for being my brother. I love your ability to chase your dreams. 
Kyra - Thank you for being my sister. I love your sense of play.
Jake - Thank you for being my brother. I love your video game skills.

Finally and most important Jay. Thank you for being my husband, my friend, my other half and everything else you are for me. I love everything about you but I admire your ability to overcome all odds and become the most amazing man I have ever met.

Thank you world for one more awesome birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment