Choices

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day 2013

Labor Day weekend is one of the few things I look forward to each year. The company Jay and I work for does not give as many holidays off as most companies do. To be honest as much as I wish they would I agree with how things are. We work for a company that serves the public and is really only closed two days a year Thanksgiving and Christmas. So if our retail locations are open it is only right that we at corporate should be as much as possible. Anyway, I digress. This year for Labor Day we decided to head East and I am so happy we did. We spent time with one of our closest friends, our family and most importantly each other. Right now paying attention to each other and trying not to let the frustrations of infertility come between us is our highest priority. So here is a look into our awesome adventure!

Top Left - Our gas mileage in our awesome Subaru (super happy we could choose the commuter car we wanted instead of having to settle); Top Right - The view out my widow as we started our journey Saturday morning (there is nothing more awe inspiring then the sun through the trees); Bottom - My oh so handsome husband and me on our happy weekend (I swear he gets more amazing after each year)

Top Left - Hay squares from the field nearest to the only rest stop we pulled over at (you can tell I am a city girl because I have only seen rolls of hay before); Top Right - Informational sign regard the highway we were on (really have only known about Route 66 so I always take time to learn what the history is); Bottom Left - View from halfway to our destination (I swear Oregon is the most beautiful state I have ever been to and I have been to close to half of the states in our country); Bottom Right - Just a tree (trees to me are the explanation of life for example, if you have firm roots planted in good soil and given the elements needed to grow you can do amazing things)

Our Saturday Night - Our First Night (having fun at our destination excited to see the best of friends)

Top Left - My first minor league baseball game Hillsboro Hops vs. Boise Hawks (from what I understand this is where the potential pro ball players start); Right - My at my first minor league ball game gear (my husband always brings me home at least three gifts from every trip he takes without me and his last one to visit his brother produced this shirt as one for the team his brother played for last season); Bottom Left - Before the game (I guess it is normal in every sport for the umpires or refs to talk before the game)

Top Left - A special visit on the field for a young fan (I think this is my favorite part of sports); Top Right - Score at the start (see everyone starts out on an even playing field it is up to each of us how we preform in the game of life); Bottom Left - Really cool camera shot (really have no clue who this is but it was such an awesome shot I had to include it); Bottom Right - Number 42 the Great Jackie Robinson (my husband twisted my arm to watch the movie 42 and I am glad he did not because I enjoy sports which I don't but because of the message it sends about racism)

Top Left - Road to Jays G-Pa's (Monday we hit the road and this is what we started with); Middle Left - Peek into the valley (I thought the scenery was changing); Bottom Left - Back to boring (then I thought it was going back to desert; Top Right - Real beauty (now I knew I was heading in the right direction); Bottom Right - Almost there (my last photo before getting to Jays G-Pa's house) 

Top Left - The fence (Jay and Grandpa Larry built that together when Jay was 14); Top Right - Trucks (it seems that on Jays side of the family all the men drive trucks guess it is in the blood); Bottom Left - The garage/coop (so it seems chickens don't mind the sound of the big trucks); Bottom Right - The house (I fell in love as soon as I saw this house)

Left - The barn large (such a piece of beautiful family history); Right - The barn up close (Jays Grandpa Larry built an A for his wife Anne with horse shoes when he rebuilt this part of the barn romance just goes to shoe that romance doesn't mean spending every dime you have on shoes, flowers or jewelry)

Left - Jays Grandpa Larry showing me the chicken coop (when we go there I got a tour and then when I wanted to take pictures I got an extra special tour); Top Right - The chicken (only one in the coop sitting on its eggs); Bottom Right - The rest of the chickens (on the deck next to the pond is where the rest of them set up shop)

Top Left - The lamb (OMG I loved this little five day old guy and I even got to hold him); Top Right - The property (yes 22 acres of beautiful Eastern Oregon farm life); Bottom Left - Anne's garden (I hope one day I can learn to grow crops half as good as her); Bottom Right - The bulls (so the story goes that the neighbor has bulls and the property line would run parallel to Anne's garden until one day Anne made such an upset that the neighbor created a space between his and Anne's land at his expense)

Top Left - Onions (holy smokes I wish I was hanging onions to dry and cook with); Top Right - Fresh Berries (to make jam can we say yum); Bottom Left - Fresh grapes (my mouth hasn't salivated this much in my entire life); Bottom Right - Hornets Nest (so Jays Grandpa Larry killed the hornets but the nest remains...very scary)

Top - Sheep in a storm (the sheep came back in a hurry but still in a neat line when the storm rolled in); Bottom Left - The roster (Jays Grandpa Larry keep trying to get us to take him home because he crowed at 5 am ever morning...um big NO); Bottom Right - One of the dogs (they have so many awesome animals but the dogs and cats really were so cute)

Grandpa Larry, Jay and Anne (you can see the family resemblance with Larry & Jay here and the happiness of a Grandpa with his Grandson plus don't forget Anne in the background) 

Bottom Left - Hole in the Wall (on our way home we saw a view area and had to pull over); Bottom Right - The Old Road (so the story goes there was a highway next to a river as you can see here); Top - The Hole in the Wall (then one day the hill had a land slide and covered the road and the river as you can see here)


This was one of the best trips we have taken and we can't wait to take Jays Grandpa Larry up on his offer to come back!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment