Choices

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Big Weekend!

So many things are happening this weekend it is CRAZY! Why is it such a big weekend you ask? It is my brother-in-laws wedding. Since my step-brother got married before I knew him, my brother eloped(ish) and my step-sister only required me to man the guest book at her wedding I was under the impression a siblings wedding requires nothing but a hot date (which I now have for any event and man did I get lucky). Well I was wrong in thinking this would be simple. So here is what we have going on from now through Monday.
Wednesday is final pick up day. Jay and I have to go pick up the last of the reception items we are responsible for (Sue and Kyle if you are reading this don't freak out I promise we will get it). Wednesday is also printing and cutting wedding programs I was able to design this morning. I will toot my own horn here. I was given a simple list with the desire of a baseball theme and I feel like I hit it out of the park (pun intended)!
Thursday is awesome day! Jay's Aunt V, Nonna and my super awesome cousin Seth hit the road for CDA! On top of that it is back to school night and I get to go support my super cute nephew Shaun. It is his first year of Kindergarten and he and I have a bond you can't break so this is really exciting for me. You may be able to tell why I am addicted to him from the photo below.
Now it is Friday and we don't have to go to work. So we sleep till noon and then get Starbucks right? Yeah no. We are getting the truck loaded and hitting the road no later than 8 am. Have you met my husband before 8 am on any day?! Well I can tell you it is so not a pretty sight. It doesn't matter we must hurry towards CDA. We hope to get there by 2 pm which means I still miss the bridal shower but I know my future sister-in-law will understand. Regardless, I will get the hubby to the rehearsal on time. On top of this we are staying at a couple friends house of ours and I am very excited because I have such a cool birthday present for her that I can hardly keep the secret. This is also the day I give my future sister-in-law a present she has no idea about but has been in the making for months (oh and there were four people who had a hand in this present so it is more special than you can guess). 
Saturday is here and I wish I could share the program I made because I am very proud of it (I really did do it all from scratch and what makes me happy is that the client is happy). Okay so it is not only wedding day but it is I get to see my niece AJ day! Since she is the only one who doesn't live in Oregon I don't get to see her much. I do get letters, pictures and phone calls from her so it gets me by. I have to be careful not to reveal wedding details because I don't want to spoil the day so I will stop talking now. But wait, there is more! It is mud bogging time! The friends we are staying with have their truck Big Red in the big mud bogging event. So after all the wedding things are done it is time for getting dirty in the mud. I have never been but I am very excited. 
Sunday is the breathing day. It is the day all of it is done and we can wake up after sleeping in and return home. The drive home will be nice especially because I won't have to take the stupid infertility medication that day. Well I look forward to next week when I can tell you all that actually happens this weekend and update you all on what is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment