Choices

Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Seattle Weekend

Two weekends in a row we have been out of town. Don't get me wrong I am thankful that we are blessed enough to have the opportunity to experience all these amazing things but I am looking forward to a quiet weekend at home soon. Anyway, this weekend we went to Seattle to watch a Mariners game with some really good friends. Since we were going to drive three hours we figured we would make a weekend out of it. Jay and I left work at 4 pm on Friday and hulled butt to Seattle to make the 7 pm game. This meant changing int the car but hey whatever it takes right.


We finally arrived at 7 pm and realized that we were so close but so very far. Traffic was smooth until we were in line to park for the game. When we got to the parking structure we saw that it was passes only. Well since we didn't have a pass we went next door at Century Link field. Too bad we were not going to a Seahawks game but baseball isn't that bad.  


Once we got to our seats I started having fun. We were in the 7th row right behind third base and it was fan appreciation night. I have to admit for the first 6 innings it was a lot of fun. We played pass the baby, ate stadium food, took pictures and the best part is I am an A's fan (my dad and I used to go to their games when Jose Canseco was their star player). I was a bit torn because I live in the great North West so I should be a Mariners fan but I have a childhood fondness for the A's and to confuse it more I was wearing my St. Lucie Mets shirt. Either way it was an awesome night with our friends.









The next day was supposed to be our adventure Seattle day. We were going to go to Pike Market and go around downtown then take the ferry and so much more. However, as a constant problem in the North West we were faced with a huge rain storm. So we decided to go to the movies. We went to see 'The Millers' and I am so happy we did! That was one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. 




After the movies we went back to the hotel which was more like a town house. Thank you Vince and Katlin for such an amazing find. As most people our age do (which is old) we took a nap. Then got up to go to the sports bar and grill to have a good dinner and watch the Ducks. What we didn't think about was that there was both a Huskies and Cougars game that night and that the Cougars game was being played at Century Link field AND that the place we decided to eat at was two blocks away. Anyway, after a bunch of drunk people decked out in red, a brother-in-laws college baseball coach and five restaurant staff people later we finally got the Ducks game on one of the televisions in the restaurant. We stayed for the first quarter and had an amazing dinner then decided to go back to hotel (mostly because the Cougars we getting their butts handed to them and the Ducks were doing what they always do which is winning by a million points so it made the atmosphere a bit tense). When we got back we turned the Ducks game on with the computer of course. The boys watched the game, the girls played a board game and little miss Aubrey got to have a baby sugar high and run around like a crazy person.







Sunday morning came way to soon and it was time to head home. I had a big day ahead of me because we had an appointment to resign our lease, I had to cut my moms hair, shop for my dads birthday and most importantly cook the traditional Sunday night football meal. Tonight's meal...stadium food heaven! Oh and it didn't hurt that we got to see two of our awesome nephews! I loved my weekend more than anything. Who knows what next weekend has in store?!




No comments:

Post a Comment