Choices

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Today Was A Good Day

I love days like today. You know the kind that starts off with waking up and everything just feels right. Well today started with waking up next to the greatest man in the world and the best Puppie ever. Then we enjoyed Starbucks (that I didn't even have to leave the house to get) while cuddling on the couch. After a lazy morning we got up and met up with the family to pick out Christmas trees for Nina & Veronica's houses.
On our way.
 There was much careful consideration and deep discussion between the men in our family.
The conversation.
 Finally a decision was reached. We had picked out the tree that will be at our family Christmas celebration.
This is it!
My wonderful husband decided to show off his "stupid strong" (as Shaun puts it) muscles and carry the tree to the truck.
Uncle Jay "stupid strong".
Of course it wouldn't be a normal or fun day without the hubby acting like a goof.
The goof.
We went back to Nina's and set up her tree (which was no easy feat) before Seth & Jay went to spend time together while Nina kidnapped me for a bit of Christmas collaboration. It was so much fun going from store to store looking for all the right things and talking about everything from designing life, to current events and just telling stories. After a few (okay maybe several) hours we were done and beat. When Nina dropped me off she came inside to look at our Christmas decorations and say hi to the boys. Little did she know that in our household a family vote would lead to this...
Nina, Seth & Jay
Nina, Seth & me
It was no Christmas Story moment (you know with the pink bunny outfit) but it was close enough. After Nina left us to our own devices me and the boys ordered a pizza and watched the Blazer game. It didn't stop there though. Jay had told me I had a choice of having my 1 year wedding anniversary present early or late because it wouldn't work to give it to me on our actual anniversary. Of course who could say "give me my present late"? So Jay and Seth called me to the living room and had me close my eyes. When I opened them I was speechless. My amazing hubby had gotten me the final piece to my wedding ring. I had told him when we bought my wedding ring that I wanted another one to put on the top of my engagement ring one day. His response then was I might get it on our five year anniversary. Well when I got it today he just smiled and said "I do listen". I was blown away. Here is a guy that doesn't need me to tell him what I want or have me make a silly list. He just listens and goes out of his way to make it happen. I could go on and on about the great man I married but I won't instead I will just show you a picture of the new ring (which we are going to have fitted and attached to the other two tomorrow) and then go give him a big hug and kiss for just being who he is.
Here is to one beautiful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment