Choices

Thursday, December 20, 2012

One Year Later


One Year Later

12/19/11

I woke up full of excitement and anticipation. I spent the day with friends and family getting ready for what was to be one of the biggest days of my life. The day seemed to fly by as people rushed around me. Everyone was full of smiles as they helped get everything just right for the big moment. When I finally arrived at the Aerie I was still in a daze from the realization that the day had finally arrived.


The wonderful staff led me to my bridal suite where the real work began. If my life was a cartoon this would have been the moment you would have seen nails, hair, dresses and jewelry flying around in a tornado.




After what seem like an eternity passing by in an instant everything was ready. The moment had come when I was going to celebrate my love to Jay in a ceremony in front of our family and friends. There are really no words to describe what it was like. The closest I can come is to have you all imagine every dream you ever had all come true in the same moment.


Following that special moment came spending time with all those we love. It was amazing we had everything from dancing, toasting, laughing and smiling to sneaking away at the end of night.




12/19/12
One year later nothing has changed. I still wake up every day amazed that I found man who compliments my world in every way. I have a partner who brings out the best in me, someone who thinks I am beautiful even when waking up with a head cold, someone who protects me from things that go bump in the night and someone who I will always be proud to call my husband. On our one year wedding anniversary we woke up ready to start our adventure but made sure to say I love you first. Since we had packed the car the night before we were able to jump right in, grab Starbucks and hit the road. We were headed to the Resort at Sunriver for our celebration and the drive was amazing! Being a tropical girl I have always had a fascination with the snow and I was not disappointed. We sang along with our playlist while marveling at the beauty in the world.


When we got to our destination we had another surprise. The staff at the resort upgraded us to a suite as a present for our anniversary. When we got to our room there was a hand written congratulations card and chocolate covered strawberries. Can you say awe and yum?!

  
Our room was breathtaking and after running around saying “look at this” and “no way” we called for the shuttle to take us to the stable. Once there we met our driver and horse that was going to take us on our special sleigh ride.

It was a perfect way to watch the sunset and a great time to give Jay his anniversary present.



In case you are wondering in all of my awesomeness I forgot to pack Jay a beanie so we wrapped his head in my scarf. I told him he should consider making this a fashion statement from now on but he declined and we bought him a beanie later that night. We had a romantic dinner and toured the ginger bread house contest the resort was having which gave me great ideas for next year.





The day was not quite over yet. We went back to the room to enjoy our anniversary cake and sparkling cider by the fire. We opened the curtains to find one last present…a beautiful snowfall.



Oh and a reminder for next year…bring forks and a knife for the cake.


I love you baby thank you for an amazing year as your wife. I look forward to many more!


No comments:

Post a Comment