Choices

Friday, January 18, 2013

I Like Making My Husband Cry

I like making my husband cry. No, I do not have a sadistic nature. Let me explain. My husband has the physique of a brick wall and yes I will admit it is a bit softer now after years of my cooking. In addition, he has the sort of personality that can withstand things most people can't. Most of the time his humor and good nature will deflect hardship. With all of these traits he reminds me of a Baobab tree. The Baobab tree has bark that is fire resistant, it produces edible fruit, can survive droughts, has trunks 30 feet in diameter all while being able to grow nearly 100 feet tall. This is my husband to a tee. So imagine making someone like that cry. I take great pride in the fact that I have made Jay cry at least five times now. The first time I can remember making him cry was the night he proposed to me. He was really scared and had arranged to do it at dinner with my parents but couldn't muster the courage. So when we got back to my house after dinner he got down on one knee in my living room. After I finished crying (and saying yes of course) we talked about the dinner plan. I told him that it wouldn't have mattered where or how he proposed because I was the luckiest woman in the world to have him as my future husband. At that he teared up just a little. The next time was on our wedding day. It started when he saw me walk down the aisle and didn't end until after the ceremony. The third time was when I got to tell  him he got an A and a B in his first semester in college. The fourth time was this past Christmas when I gave him a passport application (it is a long story about Ireland). The last time was today. I am not going to share what it was about because it is a long process and I don't want to jinx it (and no I am not pregnant...yet). Anyway, I love making my husband cry because every time I do it means I am making him just as happy in that moment as he makes me every second of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment