Choices

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What's Important

Why is it that when we experience joy we desire to hold selfishly onto that feeling? Imagining all the while that we and we alone should be the only ones to experience such elation. Why also when we experience pain do we want to share that feeling? Believing all others should know such crushing emotions. I don't have the answers to these questions I just know that I have experienced both these things. I have been the one walking at my graduation ceremony, head held high, proud of my accomplishment and for a brief moment thinking that the ceremony was mine and mine alone to enjoy. I have been the one to loss a third child, screaming in my head that it is not fair as I was being taken to surgery. Breaking down inside wanting the whole world to cry with me. It is easy to want to hold onto good things and desire to give away the bad.

What I have found out recently is that it is a lot harder to give away good things and let go of the bad. Here is where it gets interesting though. No matter how much harder this view is to act on it really does feel better and may even make the world a better place for others. Letting go to the bad doesn't have to be hard either. It can be scary and lets be honest what kind of adventure would life be without a little nervousness about the unknown? I don't have to hold onto negative opinions there is room for second chances. I don't have to hold a grudge there are beautiful things my energy can be spent on. Best of all. I can share the joy I have felt with others.

What's important to me today? Letting go of the past. Giving a second chance to myself and others. Supporting others finding their joy like I found mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment