Choices

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day Fun

Memorial Weekend Trip 2014


When our original plans fell through we decided to take an adventure back to the beach we honeymooned on a few years ago. We also had a great stroke of luck when we found out we could take our favorite 13 year old cousin. To start the trip off we picked him up Friday night and had him sleep over. As usually the boys enjoyed video games over sleep. The next morning we packed up and hit the road all the while taking sneak attack photos.


We finally made it to the Oregon Coast Aquarium where we got to see a bunch of very cool animals. I think my favorite part was my two models who gave in to my every request.


After exploring came my once in a lifetime idea. I had arranged that we all could snorkel in each of the three exhibits at the aquarium. Jay even had one of the aquarium staff take pictures for us. It truly was a memory I will never forget.


Next up on our adventure was the Undersea Garden and dinner in Mariner Square in Newport. Along with some good seafood we had excellent entertainment from the sea lions for dinner.


Once our bellies were full we headed to our last two museums for the day. Our first was the wax museum which was fun especially since we got Seth to pose with Sherlock Holmes.


No it was off to Ripley's Believe It or Not museum and my boys continued to have fun and be goofy.


After that we were a bit worn out so we checked into the hotel to shower and rejuvenate. We caught our second wind and went out to a movie. We went and saw Blended and I don't think we stopped laughing the whole time.

On Sunday morning Jay woke us up bright and early. We started the day with breakfast and locking Jay out of the car.


When we finally let Jay back in the car we did some sightseeing and then found a great beach to play the day away.


After the beach we visited a lighthouse and stopped at our favorite eating spot Bone Pile BBQ.



By this point we were completely wiped and spent the remainder of the day playing putt putt and arcade games.

Monday was Memorial day and time to drive home. We decided to take the scenic route and I am so glad we did. We found a cute little antique store to stop at and then discovered an air museum that was once the air base for Navy blimps.


I think this was one of the best trips I have ever had. I know this one will always hold a very special place in my hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment